One component, high temperature resistant epoxy system for bonding and sealing
- Ideal for die attach applications
- Resists temperatures up to +600°F
- Meets MIL-STD-883J Section 3.5.2 for thermal stability
- Meets NASA low outgassing specifications
Master Bond EP17HTDA-1 is a one component, heat cured epoxy system primarily for die attach applications as well as more conventional bonding and sealing. It requires no mixing and cures readily at 300-350°F. Typical curing schedules are 2-3 hours at 300°F or 1-2 hours at 350°F. Curing in this manner will optimize properties. EP17HTDA-1 has the ideal consistency and flow for die attach applications.
This epoxy system features excellent physical properties, superb electrical insulation along with good thermal conductivity, even at elevated temperatures. This system is also distinctive in that it has a relatively low exotherm upon curing. EP17HTDA-1 is 100% reactive and contains no solvents or diluents. EP17HTDA-1 bonds well to similar and dissimilar substrates such as metal, ceramics, plastics and composites. It has a noteworthy resistance to many chemicals including acids, bases, salts, fuels, oils and many solvents. Significantly, it has minimal shrinkage upon curing. Its service temperature range is from -80°F to +600°F. Since it passes NASA low outgassing, it can be used in vacuum type situations and other applications where that requirement is needed. EP17HTDA-1 is used primarily as a die attach and adhesive/sealant in electronic and related applications, where high temperature resistance, good electrical insulation properties and thermal conductivity are desirable.
- Single component system; no mixing prior to use
- High temperature resistance
- Very good electrical insulation properties, even at higher temperatures
- Ideal viscosity flow profile for die attaching
- Good thermal conductivity
- Excellent die shear strength
EP17HTDA-1 is available is various sizes and units to accommodate customer's needs.