One component, high temperature resistant epoxy system for bonding, sealing and coating with a paste consistency
- Non-drip application feature
- Superb temperature resistance up to +650°F
- Excellent chemical resistance
- Meets NASA low outgassing specifications
Master Bond EP17HTND-2 is a special one component, heat cured epoxy system for bonding, sealing and coating. It requires no mixing and needs to be cured at 300-350°F. Typical curing schedules are 6-8 hours at 300°F or 4-5 hours at 350°F. The optimum cure schedule would be one of the schedules mentioned above followed by 6-12 hours at 350°F. Curing in this manner will result in a glass transition temperature (Tg) of 230-240°C. EP17HTND-2 is a paste formulation with minimal flow while curing.
This epoxy system features excellent physical properties and a superb electrical insulation profile even at elevated temperatures. This system is also distinctive in that it has very low exotherm upon curing. EP17HTND-2 is 100% reactive and contains no solvents or diluents. EP17HTND-2 bonds well to similar and dissimilar substrates such as metal, ceramics, plastics and composites. It has a noteworthy resistance to many chemicals including acids, bases, salts, fuels, oils and many solvents, even at elevated temperatures. It has minimal shrinkage upon curing. Its service temperature range is from -80°F to +650°F. This epoxy is black. Since it passes NASA low outgassing, it can be used in vacuum type situations and other applications where that requirement is needed. EP17HTND-2 can be used in a number of applications involving aerospace, oil and chemical processing, specialty OEM as well as other industries where this very unique set of properties is required.
- Single component system; no mixing prior to use
- Easy application; only minimal contact pressure required during heat cure
- High tensile, lap shear and compressive strength properties
- High temperature resistance
- Very good electrical insulation properties, even at higher temperatures
EP17HTND-2 is available is various sizes and units to accommodate customer's needs.