Two component, low viscosity epoxy for bonding, sealing, coating, potting and encapsulation
- Thermally conductive, electrically insulative
- Can withstand cryogenic shock
- High dimensional stability
- Vacuum compatible
Master Bond EP29LPSPAO is a two component, thermally conductive, electrically insulative, high performance epoxy system. It is specially formulated for cryogenic applications and requires a relatively low temperature heat cure. EP29LPSPAO is serviceable at temperatures as low as 4K as an adhesive, sealant, coating and encapsulant, but more importantly, it is able to withstand cryogenic shocks (i.e. room temperature down to liquid helium temperatures in a 5-10 minute time period). This low viscosity epoxy adheres well to a wide variety of substrates including metals, glass, ceramics and many different plastics, and is ideal for potting and encapsulation. The working life is exceptionally long; a 100 gram mass will allow over 5-7 hours of working life. EP29LPSPAO has superior electrical insulation properties and a good chemical resistance profile. The optimum cure schedule for EP29LPSPAO requires gelling the mixed epoxy at room temperature, followed by alternative lower elevated temperature cure cycles (8-10 hours at 130-150°F) or (5-7 hours at 175°F) or (3-5 hours at 200°F). EP29LPSPAO is widely used in applications where thermal conductivity and cryogenic serviceability are required. The mixed system is off white in color.
- Low mixed viscosity (thixotropic) and low exotherm; contains no solvents or diluents
- Serviceable at cryogenic temperatures down to 4K; can withstand cryogenic shocks
- Long working life at ambient temperatures
- Superior physical strength and electrical insulation properties
- High bonding strength to a wide variety of substrates
- Ideal for potting and encapsulation applications
- Passes fungus resistance MIL-STD-810G
EP29LPSPAO is available is various sizes and units to accommodate customer's needs.