One part, heat curing, biocompatible epoxy compound with paste consistency
- One component, no mix system
- USP Class VI and ISO 10993-5 certified
- Superior physical strength properties
- Resists repeated sterilization
Master Bond EP3HTND-2Med Black is a one part system that combines easy processing with excellent physical strength and bonding properties. This epoxy has a paste consistency and is formulated not to flow while curing. It is easy to use as it does not require any mixing. This system cures simply by heating at 250-300°F for a relatively short time as noted in the chart below. It should be emphasized that this is not a premixed and frozen type system. Its working life is unlimited as it will not cure until heated to the required temperature. Also, EP3HTND-2Med Black has low shrinkage upon curing. It fully meets USP Class VI specifications as well as ISO 10993-5 for cytotoxicity.
It bonds well to a wide variety of substrates including glass, metals, ceramics and most plastics and has superb physical strength properties. EP3HTND-2Med Black also offers good electrical insulation properties. The service temperature range is -60°F to +400°F. It is 100% reactive and does not contain any diluents or solvents. EP3HTND-2Med Black possesses superior chemical resistance, particularly to chemical sterilants, as well as to other types of sterilization including EtO, radiation and especially autoclaving. This medical grade epoxy is widely used in the manufacturing and production of both disposable and non-disposable devices where superior physical properties, fast curing and high performance are paramount and heat curing at 250°F is feasible.
- One part, no mixing needed
- Unlimited working life at room temperature
- Easily applied, paste consistency; will not flow while curing
- Fast curing at 250-300°F
- Superb resistance to autoclaving, chemical sterilants, radiation and EtO
- Excellent adhesion to many substrates and superior physical properties
EP3HTND-2Med Black is available is various sizes and units to accommodate customer's needs.